PDA

View Full Version : SOUND CLUB

Bantros
27-02-2006, 02:18 AM
I'm in a band & that band is called SOUND CLUB.

We play music in our band. I play lead guitar.

Please, check us out on myspace then laugh at me or bow down, probably the latter. Best song up is Smoking Gun, of the others one is an acoustic and the other is like just the intro

GO HERE NOW (http://www.myspace.com/keepitsoundclub)

Cartier
27-02-2006, 09:47 AM
where to download demo songs ? :)

now i wanna hear this gay music :) :leb:

greetz

Bantros
27-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Haha, there should be a flash media player on the right hand side of the screen, I think it just plays automatically when it streams (around 3MB) or just click the 'Download' under the song title 'Smoking Gun'.

Cheers Car, ROFL gay music

AnarchyOSS
27-02-2006, 04:36 PM
you dont wanna be just letting people download it..."50p a go...theres people out there with giro's burning holes in their shell suits" - Brian Potter (Pheonix Club Manager)

Bantros
27-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Bit of a treat, it's only a home recording anyway & you can't charge through myspace anyway

Cartier
27-02-2006, 10:07 PM
nice, :) haha, maybe u band need a female vocal

song 2 is a campfire song - sweet :-)

and,the beatles from england , arent they ?? :)

greetz

ps: u the lead solo elektr. guitar ? :-) .. - faster :-))

yeah....still much work for 3 minutes i think ...:-)

Bantros
01-04-2006, 09:38 PM
UPDATED SONGS!

Bantros
24-05-2006, 02:07 AM
New song, Gambler's Dream. We're recording all these week in our 'home studio' so there is going to be 3 more solid songs added soon!

SOUND CLUB (http://www.myspace.com/keepitsoundclub)

And you can download if you wish

nabby
24-05-2006, 11:04 AM
pr0^, d/l now......

Mark0
24-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I really like the music you play, the drumming and guitar work is really good, but I'm not sure I like the singers voice or style.
I'm not having a dig or anything as I feel there is potential there, but hopefully he sounds better when you record at a real studio where you can tweak and edit stuff compared to the 'home studio' as you put it.
The whole band has potential though, decent music :)

Hacienda
01-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Relly nice mate, enjoyed both songs up there atm would like to hear with some better recording, keep at it think the band could progress well.

You got some hot groupies too :bow:

Bantros
02-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Haha thanks Haci, we love the hot groupies

Bantros
15-06-2006, 08:26 AM
New song available, Smoke and Mirrors, get it checked out

Branded
15-06-2006, 01:01 PM
yeah I liked your shit dude, but I thought the same as mark0 when I first heard the vocals...he needs singing lessons because he's not using his voice as well as he could, either that or new vocalist needed...i know it's cuntish but, you have to get the vocals right if you want to make it...but it all depends on what 'making it' is to you, and the band...what are your hopes/aspirations/targets?

Bantros
15-06-2006, 02:24 PM
We're going to be signed and gigging all over the show this time next year, that's a target!

Hah, you can say what you want about the vocals really, all I care about is the song overall and the mother fucking guitar! + he's a pretty damn good front man, so it kind of makes up for it a little...

Bantros
28-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Quick update if your interested (you fucking will be when we fucking get going)

New picture blog on MySpace.com (http://blog.myspace.com/keepitsoundclub) from a gig at the Mixing Tin in Leeds on the 24th July, 30+ snaps this one being my favourite

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8817/dsc0084sf7.jpg

aky
28-07-2006, 02:04 AM
looked at em before mate very nice

Alex89
29-07-2006, 06:26 PM
did you wtire the songs urself?

i also am in a band

Bantros
03-08-2006, 02:19 AM
Cheers.

Alex, my best mate who plays rhythm guitar in the band writes all the chords & lyrics and I write all the lead guitar parts ie. the best bits.

NB. Does anyone know if Pheer put my songs on the fragFM radio yesterday? Yakkkkk was saying something about it...

Mark0
03-08-2006, 02:22 AM
That photo is a bit blurry mate ;) I think you need to find a band photographer to do some more for you ;D ;D ;D

Bantros
03-08-2006, 02:24 AM
Haha quality stuff Mark0. Good shot though!

Mark0
03-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Aye, I love b&w band photos. I prefer more contrasty stuff though, especially for indie/rock bands. It adds character!

I'll PM you tomorrow for sure about the thing I roughly mentioned. I have a cunning plan :)

Also, I'm heading down to Liverpool next Wednesday & Thursday to do some photos for a band :) I'll let you know how I get on with those :monkeysmi

Bantros
03-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Alright cool!

vincenoir
03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
nice tunes soviet, keep it up :D might see you on the big screen soon, who knows :)

Bantros
03-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks mate

.stu
29-09-2006, 12:20 AM
lovin the tunes by the way sov! Nice to see guys like yourself writing your on stuff!

Every fucker my way only ever do covers which are usually 8 times outta 10 punk and gets a bit tedious

wA|Ab
30-09-2006, 12:08 PM
devil dust is quality m8.

Bantros
01-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Cheer lads, got an update for you all anyway.

3 songs have been put up for you all to listen to from our recording down in Reading. Check them out then post away! Ta

Bantros
02-10-2006, 03:27 AM
Just re-designed the myspace site, it kicks. Check it out

nabby
02-10-2006, 10:52 PM
wikid, love ur songs

Bantros
24-11-2006, 02:32 AM
4 live tracks been put up onto our MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/keepitsoundclub), FREE DOWNLOADS!!

Sound quality is excellent for live tracks, get 'em while they're hot!

Bantros
24-11-2006, 02:45 AM
Also check out Last.fm.

Basically it's a little plugin you can download that tracks all your listening in itunes, wma, winamp etc. You make a profile and that's that, shows what you've just listened to and then every Sunday weekly charts come up for albums, artists, tracks.

It's a bit of an arse downloading through MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/keepitsoundclub), so when the tracks are up our Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/music/Sound+Club/), you can get them from there

vincenoir
24-11-2006, 07:32 AM
hey hey, i have last.fm, wicked little add on. Nice sounds sov, esprcially live.

Bantros
17-02-2007, 09:30 AM
We got some big news coming soon guys, could well be supporting a very popular Manchester act *hush hush*

And we are going to be on Channel M in the Spring, live set & interview

RocHeY
17-02-2007, 10:10 AM
nice mate,congrats

Chri$
17-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Hope you do well, I love your MADchester kind of feel ;) dont forget us when your chillin with ian brown. Pop in for a quick FM sesh.

mikbhoy
18-02-2007, 10:24 AM
'Devil Dust' and 'Dont Let Them Bring You Down' are good tunes,somebody else already said it and i agree i dont like the vocals,sorry no offence intended and what the fuck do i know anyway.good luck and always wear a johnny when your humping all the groupies when your famous :) .

Fragmaster
19-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Nice to hear that your band is doing well. Keep it Up.

embi
19-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Thats pretty good work, nice songs, and as one commenter said reminds me of the Stone Roses, which is never a bad thing. Agreed that the vocals could do with a bit of work but they're not absolutely atrocious.

Gl and keep it going!

Sean
19-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Nice tracks, very typical Manchester feel to the music.

Keep up the good work, and never forget the dream :D

Branded
20-02-2007, 04:11 AM
Sov dude ditch the vocals man, its fucking almost whining like sorry to be harsh but this needs a reality check, the vocals; yeah rugged, yeah original most likely your good mate but man, singing lessons or bust, its the only thing i really dont like about sound club. you aint gonna get anywhere with vocals like that man, unless its completely different live. just my downright honest opinion man. Good luck man. Peace.

Bantros
20-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Hmmm, quite a few people we know have said the same thing about the vocals. But then again, other people think it sounds pretty good. I never thought they were bad, just average I guess.

Studios work magic these days though...

Sean
22-02-2007, 03:01 PM

So true... in the words of the almighty Ben Folds - Rockin' The Suburbs:
"Some producer with computers fixes all my shitty tracks, these days!"

mikbhoy
22-02-2007, 06:15 PM

but what about live,in a small pub or club venue where everbody is pissed it wont matter but as you get more popular and start to play bigger venues (hopefully) it might.

he isnt really bad,and im sure with a voice coach he could improve 100%,but as ive said before what the fuck do i know :) .

Bantros
22-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Nah I agree, but don't really know what to do about it. Telling your mate and house mate that he needs singing lessons? I'll pass on that one!

He's a really good frontman though, we'll just have to wait and see

N1Jimmy
22-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Now, I guess I do know a thing or two about vocals - I sing with a swing band, amateur musicals etc. and had a fair bit of vocal coaching not too long in the past.

He's not bad at all I think, certainly doesn't merit some of the comments above. His voice is very well suited to the style of music and as I think I've seen you say somewhere before, a confident and engaging stage presence from your lead singer is almost as important at the quality of the vocal itself.

These would be my 'areas for improvement'

he does seem to overplay the accent a bit when he's singing, to an Arctic Monkey-esque extent and then some on top - maybe he's got a strong accent, but it sounds a bit forced

he's singing from his throat, not his diaphragm - when he breathes in before a line his stomach should be expanding, not his chest - will give him a lot more power in his voice and stop...

..the fading off notes before the end of lines - 'robbing your audience' as my coach used to call it - listen to particularly the live track and hear the volume on the vocal fade off and die before the line has finished musically

Like the others say, a bit of vocal coaching would probably be a big help, but these are only minor issues - from the following you've got I'm sure he's very entertaining on stage, and as a band you sound very good together.

As a counter-example, a square peg in a round hole, here's me singing with my mate's band (www.myspace.com/planetindigo) on my birthday - took us ages to find a song to do where i didn't sound ridiculous and this was the best we managed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcHQPmlm_Kk

mikbhoy
22-02-2007, 07:48 PM
you beat me to it N1Jimmy,i didnt mean singing lessons.im sure there is a big difference between singing lessons and voice coaching.i just meant that a voice coach could help your guy improve,i didnt mean that he was shite and you should ditch him or anything like that,the guy can obviously sing but a voice coach (like a football coach) would be able to help him improve his skill (if you like).im sure that even the best singers in the world use voice coaches and these days anything that gives you an edge over the competition cant be a bad thing surely.(dont call me shirley).anyhoo good luck (again) and keep posting the tunes.

Bantros
16-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Good advice guys. Anyways, if anyone would be so kind as to click the link in my signature, give the track a listen and make a vote, would appreciate it

Bantros
01-05-2007, 03:13 AM
OMG we recorded our demo again at a proper studio in Leeds called Soundworks last week (25th-27th) and fuck me I can't wait to get my hands on it. Being mixed & mastered at the minute but when I have it... you'll know about it.

So fucking exciting, the producer really helped us nail down a live quality to it, not to mention he's chopping the tracks up a bit to get them to radio air play standard (under 3.40). He has previously produced The Music's debut album, who we also met as they have a practice room there, and recently The Pigeon Detectives, who are about to release their debut although I don't rate them very much.

Anticipation...

embi
01-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Wow awesome news, gl to you guys

Sorry for being retarded but wheres the vote on the roadtov page? Love the track btw

imaGine
12-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I love the devil dust tune. where can i download this sovieT?

alba
13-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Gambler's Dream is idd a very good song, nice one Sov

Bantros
14-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Cheers guys, got a little news for you.

We were played on XFM Manchester 97.7FM tonight (!) on Clint Boon's (Inspiral Carpets) Music:Response. It's an unsigned feature, part of XFM Uploaded, played from 7-10pm Mon - Thur. Anyway the jist is, four bands are played though the week and you can go and vote to decide the Band of the Week.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6185/xfmbannerao5.jpg

So please go to our XFM page (http://www.xfmuploaded.co.uk/soundclub) & vote for us by clicking on the picture where it says Xfm Featured Artist - Vote Now!. You can also vote as many times as you like ;)

While I'm plugging, we have a page over @ VIRB.com (http://www.virb.com/soundclub) which is basically a MySpace but better looking and generally nicer. If you have one, check us out, if you don't why not?!

Oh yeah and the new EP, re-recorded tracks (10x better) are being uploaded there to night if you want to listen. If you like the old ones.. well, just see for yourself. Thanks

Chri$
14-05-2007, 10:44 PM
mate could you send me an EP? i like your toons.

Bantros
14-05-2007, 11:42 PM
We're getting the artwork done at the minute so it's not being sent out yet.

New EP is up over @ VIRB (http://www.virb.com/soundclub)

Crazy Diamond
15-05-2007, 12:31 AM
So please go to our XFM page (http://www.xfmuploaded.co.uk/soundclub) & vote for us by clicking on the picture where it says Xfm Featured Artist - Vote Now!. You can also vote as many times as you like ;)

Done, it will only let you vote once. :(

N1Jimmy
15-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Vote cast and best of luck mate, shame it's doesn't show you how things are progressing vote-wise. Make sure you let us know how you get on!

These things often just turn into a 'who's got the most mates' competition; hopefully the other 4 will have enough to make up for your deficiencies in that area ;)

imaGine
15-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Pure rocking. Where can i download this Svt? want to put it on my ipod:)

Bantros
15-05-2007, 02:47 PM
LOL Jimmy. By the way, think you can vote every 5 mins or so, I've been doing so in 2 browsers haha.

Not available to download yet imagine, I'll let you know when they are

Bantros
16-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Update!

If you vote for Sound on the Xfm competition in my signature & post on this thread from here on, I will send you a track of your choice from the new EP. Deal? PM me emails and track choice after posting here, thanks.

Not desperate yet, but we really want to win this, it will help us out big time. We get the hint that Clint Boon (Inspiral Carpets) put us on the show on a Monday against weaker bands to give us a head start, but we can't afford one of the bands to outvote us by clicking away all day with a couple of their mates

N1Jimmy
17-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Have it on my faves at work and clicking it whenver i get a chance :)

Gambler's Dream please :)

Sean
17-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Ummm..... brains people! Use them :D

If anyone here uses Mozilla, set so your private data (cookies & history & cache [not passwords]) clear when you click "clear private data", and you can just vote, clear, vote, clear, vote, clear every 2secs.

Bantros
17-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Haha sweet guys. I've just discovered that if I download Opera and disable cookies, you can click vote over & over lol!

Bantros
18-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Guess who's snuck onto the most listened to artists this week..?

Face
18-05-2007, 05:47 PM
OMG SKY BABIES HAVE! THEY ROCK!

Bantros
19-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Get them votes in Face, and everyone else

Chri$
20-05-2007, 10:22 AM
ctrl+shift+del is justr found out, deletes caches or w/e in mozilla.

voted like 20 times now.

Sean
20-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Ummm..... brains people! Use them :D

If anyone here uses Mozilla, set so your private data (cookies & history & cache [not passwords]) clear when you click "clear private data", and you can just vote, clear, vote, clear, vote, clear every 2secs.

Chris you just quoted me ;)

Make sure clearing your private data doesn't delete your passwords if you keep them! I keep some, and if they went I would have no idea what they were.

Chri$
20-05-2007, 02:59 PM
no i added a shortcut to your quote ;)

Bantros
21-05-2007, 12:40 AM
G'wan lads, voting ends today (Monday) @ noon. We will find out around 7pm who won Band of The Week, so very nervous.

In other news, we've had a little interview published over @ Leeds Music Scene (http://www.leedsmusicscene.net/). I'm not answering the questions, but it's a good read none the less. If you follow the main link above you can't miss the link to the article :D

Featured Article (http://www.leedsmusicscene.net/article/8443/)

We've also been told a review of the gig we played that's mentioned in the article is coming soon!

Bantros
21-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Check out who's featured on the Music section of VIRB (http://www.virb.com/music)

Bantros
09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
RBvnHWv93Ls

:wub: :) :D

Chri$
09-07-2007, 12:34 PM
saw this on SC myspace. very cool :D

STURM`
09-07-2007, 12:50 PM
good shit man, decent tune

Torkey
09-07-2007, 07:37 PM
where is the adult content label? i saw boooooobs. any way nice man :D

imaGine
09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
:D I want to download your tunes! where????

aky
09-07-2007, 08:04 PM
I feel a bit of an oasis type vocal (Probably just your accents) in that video.

I've never actually listened to SC's songs as im not into that kinda music but I just watched the video and I love it :)

Torkey
09-07-2007, 08:38 PM
yeah aky i noticed the same oasis type vocal, i like it

embi
09-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Awesome song, good to see vocals have improved a bit, I love madchester music :D