PDA

View Full Version : Banned a very long time ago

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey guys, just wondered if i could get unbanned from last cigarette. (source)

date and time of ban: no clue, but it was more than a year ago now!
name at the time: ToM|TriX (i think)
reason for ban: Genuinly don't remember:bow:
steam ID: STEAM_0:0:823318

I seriously do not remember what i did but it was probably something petty and stupid! I havent had much time to play since then because i've been at uni, but now i'm back i'd like to come back to your server and play! Could i get unbanned?

thanks.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Genuinely don't remember - As if...

Either racism or hacking then?

bUG
11-08-2006, 01:36 PM
there is no record of you being banned under cheat section...

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 01:45 PM
ew i never have and never will hack... lowest of the low on CSS tbh.

nor racism either thankyou.

if it was a year ago, would you remember why you were banned if you'd just had a year of university?

i'd guess it was probably running my mouth, but i can assure you it won't happen again.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Would I remember why I was banned a year ago if I had been? Yes.

Must have been something bad to get a ban from here is all I'll say.

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Well i can promise i really don't remember!

Also i am in Aim^uK who are soon to be partners with Fragmasters so i hear, so it would be kind of useful to be allowed back on the server :)

I happily apologise for whatever it was i did, it won't happen again.

Fragmaster
11-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Your ban shall remain, why did you not appeal if you was banned a year ago. Either way I have no reasons to unban you, good luck finding another server.

vip0r
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
LoL!!!!!

It's kinda hard to believe you m8, as you are saying you were banned 1 YEAR ago! Thats a very long time, how comes you never posted a appeal before.... to be honest its very hard to consider for a unbann.

However good luck!

Biff
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
http://www.fragmasters.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1315&highlight=%2ASTEAM_0%3A0%3A823318%2A

vip0r
11-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Well done Biff.

Enough Said.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2131/racistnv3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.fragmasters.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1315&highlight=%2ASTEAM_0%3A0%3A8 23318%2A (http://www.fragmasters.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1315&highlight=%2ASTEAM_0%3A0%3A823318%2A)

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 02:21 PM
nor racism either thankyou

Oh dear. As I thought, racist comments...

For fucks sake, why not just say? It was obvious it was one or the other if you got hit with a life ban. At least that shows your ashamed, and rightly. FM can do without the likes of you.

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
The reason i didn't appeal straight away was because i didnt actually know how to, i had only been playing Cs maybe a week?

Come on guys please show some good will and unban me :4-sulk:

I have matured since this took place and have also improved quite a lot at CS, and many of my friends are regulars on your server (Vincent, Shock, Tomo etc) so i just wanna play with those guys. I still don't remember getting banned which makes me think it was one of my friends playing.

When the ban happened i just remember trying to join the server and it saying banned, being a bit confused then going to play a different server.

i can guarantee no such behaviour will take place again.

FormSvacka
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
The reason i didn't appeal straight away was because i didnt actually know how to, i had only been playing Cs maybe a week?

Come on guys please show some good will and unban me :4-sulk:

I have matured since this took place and have also improved quite a lot at CS, and many of my friends are regulars on your server (Vincent, Shock, Tomo etc) so i just wanna play with those guys. I still don't remember getting banned which makes me think it was one of my friends playing.

When the ban happened i just remember trying to join the server and it saying banned, being a bit confused then going to play a different server.

i can guarantee no such behaviour will take place again.

Don?t put your behaviour on your friend now !

And read the text http://www.fragmasters.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1315&highlight=%2ASTEAM_0%3A0%3A823318%2A

BANNED FOR LIFE !

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
You've matured so much you wouldn't even admit what you'd done or show any remorse for your actions. What exactly is mature about your "fingers crossed" brand of deception?

You didn't give two shits until your mates said they were going to be regs here. Now you want in. I believe the word for it is unlucky.

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry i don't really know who you are Castro or what authority you have but i'd prefer to keep this between myself and the admins thanks, flaming doesn't get anybody anywhere.

I understand that it says banned for life, but what i'm saying is it wasn't me who got the ban. I also understand your cynicism and hostility towards my and my perceived wrong-doings, but all i am asking for here is a second chance, for something i didn't do.

As you can see i have told the truth, in that the screenshot posted previously shows i was banned MORE than a year ago in fact (June 2005).

I would show remorse for my actions had i done them but i am not going to simply admit to something i have not done. I am not a racist nor ever will be. Its not that my friends said they were goings to be 'regs' on FM its just that sometimes they play there and i would like to join them, i see no folly in this? Furthermore, i have heard that the clan i am in is going to be affiliated with FM in the near future, thus i would like to get this issue sorted sooner rather than later.

I can assure you i am not some 14 year old pre-pubescent kid who types in caps and tks. I just play CSS for fun.

Cheers

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I'd hardly call it flaming, and it's not just about the admins either. If you were allowed to play on the server every member of the community would have to rub shoulders with you. Therefore we're entitled to make sensible comment about any possible appeal in the appeals section. I think what I've said qualifies as this.

Have a read of a typical appeal Flip. You'll see a pattern:

1) The banned party starts with "I don't remember" or "I don't know why I was banned.

2) The banned party will make some wild excuse "It was not me, it was someone else" being the most popular.

3) False apologies will be offered in an attempt to get what they want, perhaps even an admission that they were in the wrong at this stage.

4) If ban is not lifted it degenerates into pointless name calling and "see if I give a shit" hyperbole

We're at stage two. I fucking hate racists. You, and no ficititous account sharing phantom, has made racists comments ont his server. Therefore you're banned. Why don't we try stage 3 out, or just accept you're banned.

Fragmaster
11-08-2006, 03:24 PM
It was your account, it is your responsibility. Furthermore, as stated by you that it was not you who did this, than I suggest you ask the person to purchase you a new steamid.

Bye
Fragmaster

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 03:26 PM
I can totally understand where you're coming from on this, having just read numerous other ban appeals on this forums, which explains the uter cynicism you have towards those who appeal, but i think i deserve to be viewed in an unbiased way. I am not saying there is some 'phantom' account going round just to impersonate me, what i am saying is i left my friend to play on my CS while i went and did something (food? TV?) and he intentionally got me banned via the things he said. I naturally do not condone anything he said and have absolutely no affiliation with it.

Indeed Castro you make a good point that you would be the one playing with me were i unbanned, but i also ask, do i really sound like someone who is going to spam the server with racism and run around shooting you in the head? Most of the posts in this appeal section start with some 13 year old typing in 'leet speak' asking 'WHY TEH FUX0R WAS I BAN n00BS?!' but i followed the template layed out in the sticky.

As i have already stated, on principal i cannot apologise for the comments that were made, because i simply didn't make them, all i could apologise for was letting my friend play on my account on your server, but nothing more. I also have no plans to start insulting any members of the forum.

The 'I don't remember why' may seem quite a sceptical effort, but it's genuine, in that i was banned so long ago, and have a year of university since that. I had completely forgotten i was even banned until 2 days ago when i tried to join through Steam Friends and was told i was still banned, prompting me to post here. I would be happy to discuss any of this with an admin.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM
FM's made his decision and he's absolutely right. Your account your responsibility. Purchase a new steam ID.

All the community would support this because it's the rules that gets applied to everyone.

If what you say is genuine, and I'm doubtful it is being straight with you, then you're unlucky. But being unlucky don't mean you circumnavigate the rules.

the lock will descend soon enough I'm sure.

FormSvacka
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Then you should ask your friend to buy you a new Steam_ID, because that ID is baned for life. And if he have done those racist coments it wouldnt be a problem to get a new id from him. Maybe you are scared to ask him ?:P

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Is there anyone i can speak to on xfire about this?

I could understand perfectly if this had happened yesterday and i had come onto these forums shouting my mouth off, but i am slightly confused as to why i am not being unbanned when the offence dates back more than a year, and i have fully explained the situation. I could also understand if i posed any further annoyance to you while i was on the server, but i really don't, i'd simply be another public player. You must understand i am not trying to circumvent the rules, i was just hoping for a little good will because the offence happened so long ago. I'd say a years ban is a pretty hefty punishment on its own.

Although asking my friend for a new Steam ID may seem like a respectable idea on paper, in practice i feel it quite unfeasable, because the likelihood of someone giving me ?20-?30 because of something they typed a year ago is pretty small. Also, if i did pose any annoyance or offence, i would not be welcome back on any other Steam ID as well as my own, thus i don't understand how this situation would change were i to get another Steam ID.

Could anyone give me an xfire to contact? It would make it easier.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Racist abuse = life ban of the account. The fact no appeal was forthcoming at the time shows how bothered you were about being banned. Now, after a year, you think it should be dropped.

Just pay the money you tightwad, and look after your account in future. End of. No X-Fire required. However civil you've been (no doubt operating under the notion you catch more flies with honey) now does not alter the reasons for your banning.

A new Steam ID is effectively a new identity. It's not as if there's an IP ban in place or anything like that, so it would solve your issue. Think of the money as a fine for inappropriate conduct.

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Racist abuse = life ban of the account. The fact no appeal was forthcoming at the time shows how bothered you were about being banned. Now, after a year, you think it should be dropped.

I have already explained this, in that i had only just started playing the game and didn't actually know how to appeal, and then shortly after i went away to uni, and only came back a month ago. This is why i am asking for the ban to be dropped. I would have appealed at the time had i know how or indeed why i had actually been banned.

I feel cynicism to a level is expected but you are flaunting this now slightly Castro, such as your comments as to the presentation of my argument. (I'm an English student).

I understand a new SteamID is a new identity, and i would be welcomed back were i to get one, but surely this is hypocritical. If i were to get a new SteamID and then go under his nickname, would i not be re-banned? And if not, then why can i simply not be unbanned on this account? As to the notion of a 'fine for innappropriate conduct', i see this as unreasonable, as i have not actually displayed any.

I feel it quite strange you would encourage people to get a new SteamID and lie, as opposed to defending themselves in a respectable and honest way.

1337^VexX
11-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Im not taking sides but castro you got to see he doesnt sound or act like the 14 year old kids as he said with 1337 speak mouthing of everyone he saids he doesnt remember a year ago not many people have a great memroy like u castro but still he has a year of university education before games if he saids it was his mate then fair enough at the moment its just 1 word vs another i say give him a slight chance and single step overline continue his life ban ... and when i say single step that means the causing trouble bad mouthing racisim hacking or being a pest to the community but its fragmasters decesion at the end of the day so thats my 2 pence in it.

VexX

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Thankyou. I promise you if i were given the smallest chance you would not hear from me again. i just want to enjoy CS on your server.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
First of all, I'm not patronising you or insulting the way the argument is presented. Like I give a fuck what you study.

And I'll bring the tone down even lower Vexx - mate, you're talking bollocks. :)

Your account = your responsibility. End of. Imagine how many hackers would still be stinking the joint up if after they said "it wasn't me, it was my mate/brother/demented uncle using my account". For fucks sake man, it don't matter how articulate or old this guy is.

His Steam ID was banned for racist abuse. He needs another one if he wants to play here. Don't even get started on the whole argument about Steam IDs. We all got our views on that.

Just take it on the chin. Where's the lock?!?!?

1337^VexX
11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
And I'll bring the tone down even lower Vexx - mate, you're talking bollocks. :)

Thats why u luv me <3 :wub:

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Can we get an admin view on this? I do genuinley believe i deserve another chance. You can happily ban me if my account is embroiled in any more controversy.

In theory yes your account is your responsibility, but in practice if you have to go and grab some food or something, and leave your mate at the computer, then stuff like this can happen. Yours and Vexx's views have equal merit Castro, though your insistence on swearing throughout hardly shows maturity, and seems needlessly aggressive.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 04:25 PM
The swearing was done as a joke, after the whole "I am an English student dont you know" type remark.

You've had the head admin view on it - He said you're banned and to buy a new Steam ID. Is that sufficient?

If you have mates who are the kind to jump on your PC typing racist abuse while you fix yourself a sandwich, you get what you deserve.

I doubt that's what's hapened though. CLUNK-CLICK!!!

FlipAim
11-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I'd prefer to discuss this further with the admin, as i'm pretty sure most people would not share your view Castro. I can't help feeling you're being biased by what has gone before, and your general view of those who normally get banned.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 04:36 PM
No bias mate. Don't have any personal angle on it. I hate racists, but I'm not saying you are one. I'm just arriving at the conclusion anyone who follows the rules would.

If the admin - who has already made a decision - decides to discuss it further with you on x-fire, that's up to them. I don't see a turnaround here, nor (again, following the rules) should there be. But these things are discretionary sometimes.

I also think you underestimate the community here. Most will support the ban.

Pondus
11-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Can we get an admin view on this?

LOL, are u dumb or what? The owner and head admin has said ur banned cus YOU are a fucking racist scum cunt.

TBH its so fucking hard to belive u saying its ur "friend" beeing the prick here. we have all seen this statement over and over and its not gonna work. fuck off u twat. Go enjoy cs on a diff server who dont give a fuck weather ur racist or not - we dont want ur kind off morons in FM!!

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Somewhat brutal, Pondus...

FraG-TurD
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
ok here is a comment from an admin as you dont want castros (not read the whole thread)

You are banned for racism that means ur banned for life
why would the owner of asian nationality want a racist like you here.

Bye bye Flip the admins have spoken
maybe try again inanother year and say you forgot again
you never know we might have forgot aswell.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 05:59 PM
He'd already had FM's decision anyway FT... But now Frag Turd's told you as well that's two.

I think he still wants to talk to admins on X-Fire - I think he believes he can pull out the jedi mind trick or something!!!

FraG-TurD
11-08-2006, 06:03 PM
yeah just seen that cas hehe

sorry i dont have xfire but feel to msn me [email protected]

but i wouldnt hold your breath m8,
Take a look at my sig.

NUFF SAID!

Pondus
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
brutal? so telling a foreigner to take a shower cus he stinks of spices or whatever is what, harmless? Im only telling these cocks what they deserve to hear mate. I dont give a fuck what they think about it, nor if they think we forum ppl treath em like shit cus they new or sumethin.

we live in fucking 2006! thought we left racisme waaaay back. ppl like him is gonna have a fucking hard time to get true life ok.

Ozric
11-08-2006, 06:07 PM
You seem like a decent chap but racism, even if it's idiomatic or ironic, simply is not tollerated here. Whether it was you or someone else, the policy is that the account is banned. If you want to play FM again, I'd suggest you quit banging your head against the proverbial brick wall, buy another Steam ID and keep your nose clean.

FraG-TurD
11-08-2006, 06:07 PM
we live in fucking 2006! thought we left racisme waaaay back.

world would be a better place if people did leave this in the past.

i can always see it causing issues unfortunately :(

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2006, 06:10 PM
brutal? so telling a foreigner to take a shower cus he stinks of spices or whatever is what, harmless? Im only telling these cocks what they deserve to hear mate. I dont give a fuck what they think about it, nor if they think we forum ppl treath em like shit cus they new or sumethin.

we live in fucking 2006! thought we left racisme waaaay back. ppl like him is gonna have a fucking hard time to get true life ok.

I meant it was brutal because we had no evidence he had actually been racist was all. If I was 100% certain he had been what you posted would look like a nursery rhyme compared to what I'd say.

FraG-TurD
11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Also flip as castro said Fragmasters is an admin infact he OWNS THE WHOLE OF FM
and he has spoken and i have backed him up on his decision
there for you will not be unbanned, however harsh you may think it is.

Topic Closed.